Entwistle School provides a nurturing environment for students in Grades K-9 and is also the home to the Pembina Playschool. Situated near the beautiful Pembina River, in the hamlet of Entwistle, our school provides a wide range of learning opportunities for its students and is an inviting place to learn and grow. A positive environment, a dedicated staff, and mutual respect make Entwistle School a great place to learn.
Our students get our best.
Values and Beliefs
- We are a caring and compassionate organization – guided by what’s in the best interest of our students.
- We believe learning is the foundation of all we do.
- We value trust and mutual respect among all of our education stakeholders.
- We embrace open and honest communication.
- We value and respect inclusion and diversity within our schools.
- We are committed to providing safe and caring places for all students to learn.
- We believe integrity and fairness are key pillars for student growth.
- We value collaboration and engagement with students, parents and our communities; our successes are not possible without these contributions.
- We value excellence, innovation and risk-taking.
- We want our students to dream big and reach for the stars.
- We value citizenship and recognize our central role in guiding students to understand their responsibilities and their place in the world.
- We believe that confident, adaptable and resilient students are successful students.
- We value leadership in all places. Everyone in our Division has the potential to be a leader.
The culture at Entwistle School is reflected in the virtues of our PRIDE acronym: Purposefulness, Resilience, Independence, Dignity, and Empathy.
P – Purposefulness
Being purposeful is having a clear focus. Begin with a vision of what you want to accomplish, and concentrate on your goals. Do one thing at a time, without scattering your energies. Some people let things happen. When you are purposeful, you make things happen.
R – Resilience
Being resilient means you face life’s difficulties with courage and patience. You refuse to give up. When you are resilient, you are able to become strong, healthy, or successful again after something difficult happens.
I – Independence
Being independent means you do not always depend on other people for help. It means that you think and act freely rather than being guided by other people. It means that you are able to follow your own deepest values and exercise your own judgement even when others disagree.
D – Dignity
Demonstrating dignity means you treat others with respect regardless of a person’s age, race, language, religion, opinion or disability. To show dignity, you treat others fairly and kindly. It also means that you show self-control and try not to harm others or their property.
E – Empathy
To show empathy, you need to be able to put yourself into another person’s shoes. You show that you are able to understand and share another person’s experiences and emotions.
Members of the Entwistle School community value these virtues as positive contributing factors to inclusion, citizenship, social responsibility, and wellness. The Eagle is the symbol for PRIDE.