Our unique Career and Technology Foundations (CTF) program allows students access to various programming.
What is CTF?
- CTF is a new digital curriculum for students in Grades 6 to 9.
- CTF supports flexible, interdisciplinary learning.
- CTF is designed to be a unique curriculum that allows students to learn about occupational areas. Students develop skills in the areas of business, communication, human services, resources, and technology while working through engaging challenges.
What are the benefits of CTF?
- CTF enables students to participate in hands-on learning experiences and work towards creating real-life products, presentations or services.
- When we provide students with focused time to connect deeply with an area of study, students may develop a deeper passion for it than if they are only exposed to it for a short period of time once a week. In developing a deeper understanding and passion for a particular area of study, some students may wish to continue to connect with it long after the five days of the challenge are over.
- CTF allows students to explore interests and passions while making personal connections to career possibilities by doing an in-depth study on a topic of their choosing. The CTF curriculum is meant to expose students to various combinations of occupational areas that are also a part of the Career and Technology Studies (CTS) high school program.
- Whatever you plan to do in your life, at school, at home or in your future career, CTF will provide you with a valuable set of competencies and experiences that you will be able to transfer to future school, personal and work experiences. CTF helps students apply and reinforce learnings developed in other subject areas and prepare for transition into adult roles in the family, community, workplace and/or further education.